Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And Tricks

Friday, December 23, 2016

Family gathering

Today we had baptism party of our baby girl Evangeline. We all got up early in morning , while Evangeline was still asleep. My mom in law had gifted a pretty white dress for my baby and I made Evangeline wear it. I made her wear a beautiful hairband too, 2 white lace socks. Kirty Vishal Ekka my husband got ready soon and took Evangeline in his arms so that I could get dressed up.
The church service was suppose to start at 9 am followed by baptism of Evangeline. I wore a beautiful silver-grey saree and we all left for church on time. Kirty drove the car. My parent in law's sat on the back seat with Evangeline in my mother in law's arms. I sat next to Kirty my husband on the front seat. The weather was pleasant. It was a special day for us because we were celebrating it in a grand traditional way. My family and relatives too joined us at the church. My husband had invited his friends too who were Evangeline's God parents . We reached Church on time and Kirty greeted my parents and relatives. He was very kind to everyone. We all sat together in a row at church. We gave offerings to God. After the holy mass, the priest announced of Evangeline's baptism. We all walked up to the alter and Evangeline was still asleep. She looked so pretty and her face shined like an Angel. I thanked the universe for this historic moment. The priest proceeded with the ceremony. They baptized my baby girl and named her Evangeline Ekka. Kirty was very happy, I could see it on his face. My parents and everyone were overjoyed with the new member of our family. We took a lot of photos and by the time ceremony ended, Evangeline woke up. Everyone, Megha, Mayur, Munu, my parents and parent in laws were taking Evangeline in their arms, turn by turn for a photo.

We reached back to Kirty's house where the lunch function was held. Kirty spoke to my sisters and made them laugh. My brother Mayur liked Kirty. My parents were talking with Kirty's relatives and I was busy in the kitchen . Kirty took good care of my relatives as well. He was very polite and approachable by everyone. Even Pragya, Nini were friends with Munu and Megha. Sweta di was helping me with the kitchen work. My mother in law's friends started singing our traditional songs and the cake cutting was done. We all gathered and prayed. Then it was followed by the gift distribution. Kirty and me also danced along with others. My mother was holding Evangeline while we all danced. Kirty's mother was very kind to my parents. I liked the way they all mingled and talked. I love my parent's in law. The food was served on the terrace. We had puri, chole, paneer, beef, chicken, fish fry, pulao, chutney, raita and gajar halwa.


I had my food early because I needed to feed Evangeline too. I went to Kirty's bed room near the kitchen and fed her. In the meanwhile, Kirty entered and he came close to my face and kissed me on my forehead.

He- I'm overjoyed Smita. Thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful gift. I love you so much and our baby girl is very pretty like you. Did you eat well? If you feel tired and sleepy after feeding, then you take rest for a while. Don't worry about the guests. I'll take good care of them.

Me- Thanks to you too my prince charming. Thanks for all your love, care, understanding and support. I'll take a nap. Do come and wake me up.

He left the room after cuddling me and Evangeline for some more time.

After a while, my mom in law entered the room. She also asked me to take rest and asked me whether I had my lunch. She was extremely caring. Oh! dear universe. Thank you for such a loving family.
Thank you for this blessed day.

Kirty is very caring husband. For every moment in my life, I give you thanks. I have never doubted you and never will. I have faith in you.


I love you universe for this rich, memorable experience.

I wore this saree






My Evangeline's dress





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.